Today is a new day. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not promised. Today is what God has blessed us with. I've learned to honor Him one day at a time. The Lord said, "Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (1 Corinthians 5:17) I love how Jesus is the same yesterday and today and he will be the same tomorrow. It is us who have to take each day and try to match Jesus' love not only for Him but for ourselves.
One thing I've learned is that I did not love myself. I abused my body, poisoned my mind, and deprived my spirit. The worst of the three was depriving my spirit. I am my spirit and I need to be fed each day. I learned that The Word feeds my spirit because it is God talking to me. I learned that in His Word are details of how I should honor him with my body, and how my mind should be renewed in Him and what my spirit needs. My spirit needs Him and it cannot receive Him through doing worldly things. I have to be new in Him and leave those things which are behind.
Today, know that God loves you and wants you more each day and that each day is a new day to give your all to Him. Today is your day!
No comments:
Post a Comment