Every morning my fiancee wakes up early enough to pack lunches for the two of us before her 8am class. Today, she asked for help but I was unable to because I had this blog to post. She did not fret. She simply made lunch to express her love for me. I missed the entire mark today: love.
Selfless love is patient. She could have gotten irritated but she did not. I could have stopped what I was during to make her process a bit easier but I did not. This is not patience, nor is it love. I am not beating myself up but am simply sharing my learning experience. In everything we do, we must have charity for without charity, it profit us nothing. (1 Corinthians 13:3).
Hebrews 12:1 says, " Wherefore seeing we also are compasses about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." A big sin of mine is running with my desire, but we know that sin is an offense to God so we should be selfless in denying our flesh. This the selfless love we need.
I thank Ke'Ana for showing me selfless love today and I encourage all to be selfless in their love.
:)
ReplyDelete